At True Fit, we believe when it comes to fashion, it’s all about the details.
True Fit’s personalization platform is strategically leveraged by 250 global retail sites, representing 17,000 brands and 80 million registered users. Since 2005, we have built the world’s largest data collective connecting consumers with apparel and footwear they will love and keep.
As our data collective continues to grow, so does our team! Let’s disrupt this $2 trillion industry together.
True Fit, a Boston Globe Top Place to Work, is looking for a Software Developer to work on our MarketPlace Squad in Mumbai, India. The Marketplace Squad designs, builds and maintains applications and services for True Marketplace (E-commerce), which is the Consumer facing application for serving personalized recommendations and discovery to end users. To do this, we use NodeJS, Angular 10, Scala, PostgreSQL, and the world’s largest fashion retail data set, including billions of transactions, user registration data, product catalogue information, images and text.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application optimised for performance, scalability and easy maintenance. You will bridge the gap between problems, graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active triangular role and defining how the application looks as well as how it works, by keeping sound communication and coordination with Product, Backend developers and UX designers.
Develop Software: Design, implement, test, and support high-quality software, used by millions of consumers every day, in an agile, iterative development culture.
Build Web Services: Implement, test, troubleshoot and support Secure, Scalable and Fault Tolerant Production Ready microservices.
Connect the dots: Understand the requirements, design robust and complete solutions, and deliver the product best suited to the user experience.
Bring Visuals to Reality: Turn requirements and UI/UX designs into web features, creating excellent interactions from designs, writing reusable content modules.
Focus on Performance: Make that software hit our Service-Level Agreements, be agile in development and always have performance and scalability in mind
Learn: Contribute to team success by learning new technologies and algorithms, often while designing and building the software.
Collaborate: Work closely with other team members to invent, prioritize, build, and support our applications. Participate in design reviews, code reviews and provide improvement recommendations.
Qualification & Skills
Strong candidates will have many of the following qualifications:
5-6 years as a professional software engineer with hands-on experience in web front-end design and development in enterprise applications
Experience with Modern Frontend Frameworks & Technologies
- Especially Angular
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Hands-on with libraries like jQuery, Backbone.js, Lodash, Bootstrap etc.
- Experience with building Progressive web applications.
- Experience with UI Build tools like Webpack, npm, Gulp, Bower etc.
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks like Jasmine, MochaJS or Jest
- Knowledge of cross browser compatibility, browser rendering behaviour and performance.
- Knowledge of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, AJAX, REST APIs and web security.
Experience with Modern Web Libraries, especially REST API integration and other enterprise solutions like Google Analytics.
- Understanding of information security principles and best practices.
- Good understanding of frontend security Vulnerabilities like Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site Request Forgery, Content Security Policies, etc..
Understanding of tools:
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Github
- Good to have an understanding of containerization and deployment tools like Docker and jenkins.
- Familiarity with object oriented practices and concepts
- Ability to write modular, reusable libraries which can be used across multiple functions
- Ability to design applications with robust and scalable front end architecture
- Ability to translate functional requirements into UX/technical specifications to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions
- Work together with members of various internal teams, including listening and communicating.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, Agile, release often environment
- Understanding of the SDLC processes and facilitate the working of the team
- Should have work experience and/or knowledge of backend technologies
Execution skills: Gets things done both independently and collaboratively, and understands when each is appropriate.
Passion: Has an interest in our business domain (Fashion), solution space (Fashion Technology), or technology stack.
Undergraduate or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Why True Fit ?
One size does not fit all in what you wear or your True Fit career. Everyone at True Fit has the opportunity to push their professional boundaries, while balancing personal ambitions.
Together we’ve built a tight-knit culture that’s reflected in our Glassdoor reviews; “Great people, cool product ... refreshing place to work . . . everyone actually works together like a team, employees are all pro-active and genuinely take pride in their work. . . growth potential plus culture . . . management is approachable, mindful of their people . . . opportunity to learn/work on new technology . . . you are an integral part of the success of the company. . . the work you are doing everyday really matters and makes a difference. . . managers provide autonomy and trust you . . . really innovative company, open to share ideas to make a better product. . . great culture with the right vision.”
We believe that how we dress is an expression of who we are and the confidence we feel. As an EEO employer, we work to help all team members experience an inclusive, diverse and accepting work environment, so you can be True To You.