ABOUT THIS POSITION:
True Fit™ is seeking an energetic, self-motivated and detail oriented Visual User Interface (UI) Designer at our office in the Boston, MA area. The ideal candidate will provide best-in-class user experience designs for consumption by highly discerning end users at the world’s leading apparel & footwear retailers. The UI Designer should be very proficient in visual design, capable of working with User Experience Designers, Design Researchers and Developers, and Product Management to ensure the visual look-and-feel enhances the overall user experience of our products. The UI Designer should ideally have a portfolio that demonstrates an interface design aesthetic relevant to premium fashion brands.
The UI Designer will use their experience in designing visual communication, layout, typography, color, etc. to elicit emotional connections and intuitive, intelligent responses from our audience. Pixel perfect precision and demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other design software are a must. The UI Design candidate will be prepared to work in a fast paced, creative, high output culture, at a fast growing company filled with a passionate and extraordinary team.
The UI Designer will report to the Creative Director.
To apply, please submit your resume and a link to an online portfolio, or PDF portfolio/samples.
- Will create irresistible user interfaces for strategic product and service offerings within our platform
- Will work with and enhance our brand design language to produce iconic user experiences
- Work hands-on, creating interface and visual design solutions from concept to final Engineering handoff
- Collaborate with Product team, including UX & UI designers, design researchers, and Product Managers to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience
- Contribute to storyboards & task flows designs, effectively communicating visual intentions to the design team and sponsor users
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Design all of the above with consideration to the delivery of multiple SaaS products built on a configuration model.
- Be able to work with front end developers to optimize designs for performance
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Proven UI Experience, direct to consumer a plus
- Proficiency in core design & wireframing software packages (Adobe CC, Sketch, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Conceptual skill and clear understanding of visual design, layout and typography
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- An understanding of interface and user experience design best practices for all screen sizes and devices
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Understanding of technical design issues: image optimization, format conversion, technical platform compatibilities
- Strong understanding of designing for web/software and elegant User Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive thinking, collaborative team member with ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills: must be able to handle multiple projects with limited time frames while delivering exemplary work
- Self motivated with a sharp attention to detail
- Thrives in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Impeccable values and integrity; no exceptions
- 3+ years of visual user interface design for SaaS enterprise applications and/or eCommerce solutions