Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack (Fully Remote)
- Full Time
Who We Are
True Fit is the industry's leading consumer experience platform leveraged by apparel and footwear retailers to decode fit and size and connect shoppers with only what they love. It has organized and connected the broadest footwear, apparel and consumer data in the world to provide best in class fit recommendations covering the industry’s brands and styles. The platform unites social, general and personalized fit guidance into one cohesive experience, driving shopper confidence and loyalty.
Through serving shoppers across its network of retailers’ websites, True Fit delivers rich datasets back to retailers to inform their strategies and initiatives - from marketing and merchandising to sourcing and product development. These data sets serve a tremendous need in today’s shifting market - who is this new shopper and how can they be met with relevance?
True Fit is led by an experienced team of executives and leaders from fashion, retail, big data and ecommerce, and is backed by top investors.
True Fit is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack) to work with our team in India. True Fit is 100% remote, so you can work from almost anywhere!
- Develop Software: Design, implement, test, and support high-quality software, used by millions of consumers every day, in an agile, iterative development culture.
- Build Web Services: Implement, test, troubleshoot and support Secure, Scalable and Fault Tolerant Production Ready microservices.
- Focus on Performance: Make that software hit our Service-Level Agreements, be agile in development and always have performance and scalability in mind
- Learn: Contribute to team success by learning new technologies and algorithms, often while designing and building the software.
- Mentor: Contribute to team success by passing on knowledge and experience, whether it be through talking interactive sessions or helping junior colleagues.
- Collaborate: Work closely with other team members to invent, prioritize, build, and support our applications. Participate in design reviews, code reviews and provide improvement recommendations.
Qualification & Skills
Strong candidates will have many of the following qualifications:
- 5-8 years as a professional software engineer with hands-on experience with functional and/or Object Oriented Programming languages like : Node JS, Python, Scala, Java, etc.
- Experience with Modern Web Libraries/ Design Patterns
- Frameworks like Spring Boot, Loopback, DJango etc.
- Concepts like multi threading, messaging queues, web security, caching, logging, troubleshooting, etc.
- enterprise solutions like Google Analytics.
- Experience working with large scale Databases, would be good to have worked with both SQL and NOSQL databases.
- Experience with Modern Frontend Frameworks and technologies
- frameworks like AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS, D3 etc.
- Excellent understanding of web browsers, mobile browsers and responsiveness
- Experience with UI Build tools like Webpack/ Gulp
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks like Jasmine, Junit, Jest, etc.
- Understanding of tools:
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Github
- Good to have understanding of containerization and deployment tools like Docker and jenkins, vagrant respectively.
- Experience developing and releasing commercial software, especially software with a large user base or strict performance requirements.
- Execution skills: Gets things done both independently and collaboratively, and understands when each is appropriate.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Why True Fit?
One size does not fit all in what you wear or your True Fit career. Everyone at True Fit has the opportunity to push their professional boundaries, while balancing personal ambitions.
We believe that how we dress is an expression of who we are and the confidence we feel. As an EEO employer, we work to help all team members experience an inclusive, diverse and accepting work environment, so you can be True To You.
True Fit was also just recently acknowledged by Built in Boston who announced that True Fit earned spots on two lists for best places to work 2022!
Built In determines the winners of Best Places to Work based on an algorithm, using company data about compensation, benefits and companywide programming. To reflect the benefits candidates are searching for more frequently on Built In, the program also weighs criteria like remote and flexible work opportunities, programs for DEI and other people-first cultural offerings.