Who We Are
At True Fit, we believe when it comes to fashion, it’s all about the details.
True Fit’s personalization platform is strategically leveraged by 250 global retail sites, representing 17,000 brands and 80 million registered users. Since 2010, we have raised $100M from top-tier venture capitalists and built the world’s largest data collective connecting consumers with apparel and footwear they will love and keep.
As our data collective continues to grow, so does our team! Let’s disrupt this $2 trillion industry together.
True Fit, named a Top Place to Work, is looking for a System Operations Manager (or Lead System Operations Engineer) to work in our Boston office.
About the Role
True Fit seeks a strong technical leader to run System Operations. True Fit's System Operations team is responsible for critical systems engineering functions such as monitoring, site reliability, performance, and support. A successful candidate will have a deep background in linux administration, performance, and troubleshooting. A service oriented mindset and awesome problem solving abilities are key. This is leadership role with direct reports and individual contributor responsibilities.
- Lead a team. Recruit, hire, train and grow a world class team. Coach and manage a team of all skill levels in product workflows, critical thinking, problem solving and best practices.
- Operate a world class platform. Solve real world big data problems at web scale, and in the cloud.
- Become a True Fit SME on our production ecosystem. You'll learn to diagnose issues, and coach others, and then drive improvements throughout the organization.
- Drive results. Build roadmaps, create standard operating procedures, lead stand-ups, coach engineers, and get in the weeds yourself to achieve the goals you have established.
- Wear many hats. You'll provide leadership but won't hesitate to to tackle problems and resolve critical production issues yourself.
- Work with others. You will work with product managers, engineering leads, and infrastructure experts. We need a person who can liaise with other departments, understand their needs, and collaborate to find solutions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience as a lead systems administrator, site reliability engineer, or network engineer at a commercial SaaS company and a passion for solidly built systems.
- Demonstrated ability to design and support mission critical systems within established SLAs
- Some leadership experience. You have been a team lead or a manager and successfully driven moderately sized projects. You know, and enjoy, the challenges of growing great engineering talent.
- Experience working in a production NOC environment and/or a technical support team is a must.
- Performance engineering experience a huge plus.
- Deep systems engineering skills. You have deep experience outside of application development and can speak to many systems technologies that deal with compute, memory, storage, and networking services.
- Solid understand of networking technologies including HTTP, SSL, FTP, load balancing, and firewalls.
- Cloud savvy. True Fit lives entirely in the cloud. The right person will be familiar with cloud based infrastructure and platform services such as databases, compute, VPCs, etc. and be familiar with public cloud platforms. (AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Linux Expert. An excellent candidate will have experience with administration, development, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Scripting skills in at least one of; shell, python, perl, ruby, etc.
- Broad database and ETL expertise. Relational databases, NoSQL systems, and big data solutions such as Hive, Spark and Hadoop.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related experience.
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a can do attitude that wants to learn and grow.
Why True Fit?
One size does not fit all in what you wear or your True Fit career. Everyone at True Fit has the opportunity to push their professional boundaries, while balancing personal ambitions.
Together we’ve built a tight-knit culture that’s reflected in our Glassdoor reviews; “Great people, cool product … refreshing place to work … everyone actually works together like a team, employees are all pro-active and genuinely take pride in their work… growth potential plus culture … management is approachable, mindful of their people … opportunity to learn/work on new technology … you are an integral part of the success of the company… the work you are doing everyday really matters and makes a difference… managers provide autonomy and trust you … really innovative company, open to share ideas to make a better product… great culture with the right vision.”
We believe that how we dress is an expression of who we are and the confidence we feel. As an EEO employer, we work to help all team members experience an inclusive, diverse and accepting work environment, so you can be True To You.