Who We Are
At True Fit, we believe when it comes to fashion, it’s all about the details.
True Fit’s personalization platform is strategically leveraged by 250 global retail sites, representing 17,000 brands and 80 million registered users. Since 2010, we have raised $100M from top-tier venture capitalists and built the world’s largest data collective connecting consumers with apparel and footwear they will love and keep.
As our data collective continues to grow, so does our team! Let’s disrupt this $2 trillion industry together.
True Fit, named a Top Place to Work, is looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer to work in our Boston office.
About the Role
True Fit seeks a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our team and ensure that the True Fit platform operates with high reliability, availability and performance at web scale. Successful candidates will be part systems administrator, part developer, part systems engineer, and a whole lot of drive. This role involves just about everything that goes on behind the scenes – from monitoring the health of our clusters and automating maintenance tasks to performance troubleshooting.
- Build and administer Linux servers in the public cloud (both AWS and GCP). True Fit lives entirely in the cloud. The right person will be familiar with cloud based infrastructure and platform services across a host of storage, compute, and networking technologies.
- Manage deployment and running of our application software. True Fit is an enterprise grade AI platform that operates at web scale. You will operate, maintain, and design solutions for deploying and managing the entire platform.
- Automate the world. If it needs doing more than twice, it needs to be automated. You will use your programming skills to build pushbutton and self healing automation services.
- Analyze and troubleshoot network and infrastructure issues. Cloud Operations Engineers need to be expert problem solvers.
- Monitor and measure system performance. You will design and build infrastructure for monitoring what's going on under the hood.
- Work with other departments to design and build operations-friendly software. While our operations infrastructure may provide the guts of the True Fit machine, our product & support people, engineers, and scientists, provide the heart, mind, and soul of what we do. You will liaise with other departments, understand their needs, and collaborate to find solutions.
- Security mindset. Security is at the center of everything we do. The individual in this roles should understand security best practices and always be on the lookout for ways to make our platform more hardened.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience as a system administrator, network engineer, build engineer, or software developer, or equivalent educational training.
- Proficiency in the Open Source Ecosystem. You can expect to work with and be responsible for Ansible, HAProxy, Nginx, Apache, Memcached, Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Terraform, and many more.
- Deep familiarity with Linux. An excellent candidate will have experience with administration, development, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Scripting skills in at least one of; shell, python, perl, ruby, etc. We live and breathe by our code and processes. We need someone that can speak our language.
- Familiarity with commercial cloud hosting platforms a plus. (AWS, GCP)
- Some datastore knowledge or interest. True Fit's data collection is vast and varied. We need a person with relational database acumen to conceptually understand what our data models. PostgreSQL or MySQL are preferred. NoSQL knowledge (MongoDB) or big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, or Hive, would be a plus as well.
- Knowledge of configuration management / desired state frameworks. Our systems are built by our code. We're looking for a person with knowledge one of the following or a similar solution; Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related experience.
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a can do attitude that wants to learn and grow.
Why True Fit?
One size does not fit all in what you wear or your True Fit career. Everyone at True Fit has the opportunity to push their professional boundaries, while balancing personal ambitions.
Together we’ve built a tight-knit culture that’s reflected in our Glassdoor reviews; “Great people, cool product … refreshing place to work … everyone actually works together like a team, employees are all pro-active and genuinely take pride in their work… growth potential plus culture … management is approachable, mindful of their people … opportunity to learn/work on new technology … you are an integral part of the success of the company… the work you are doing everyday really matters and makes a difference… managers provide autonomy and trust you … really innovative company, open to share ideas to make a better product… great culture with the right vision.”
We believe that how we dress is an expression of who we are and the confidence we feel. As an EEO employer, we work to help all team members experience an inclusive, diverse and accepting work environment, so you can be True To You.