DevOps Engineer (Fully Remote)
- Full Time
Who We Are
True Fit is the industry's leading consumer experience platform leveraged by apparel and footwear retailers to decode fit and size and connect shoppers with only what they love. It has organized and connected the broadest footwear, apparel and consumer data in the world to provide best in class fit recommendations covering the industry’s brands and styles. The platform unites social, general and personalized fit guidance into one cohesive experience, driving shopper confidence and loyalty.
Through serving shoppers across its network of retailers’ websites, True Fit delivers rich datasets back to retailers to inform their strategies and initiatives - from marketing and merchandising to sourcing and product development. These data sets serve a tremendous need in today’s shifting market - who is this new shopper and how can they be met with relevance?
True Fit is led by an experienced team of executives and leaders from fashion, retail, big data and ecommerce, and is backed by top investors.
True Fit is looking for a DevOps Engineer to work with our team in India. True Fit is 100% remote, so you can work from almost anywhere!
About the Role
True Fit seeks a Devops Engineer to join our team and ensure that we design, provision, configure, deploy and maintain the infrastructure required to operate our platform with high reliability, availability and performance at scale. This role is critical in enabling the team to serve the needs of internal and external customers. This team member will help in the development and design of tools that orchestrate environments for development, testing, and production. Successful candidates are inquisitive self-starters, passionate problem solvers, and engineers who are comfortable working within all levels of the application platform.
- Design and provision infrastructure in the public cloud. Implement infrastructure as code following modern DevOps principles. Understand the needs of the business and the platform in order to design solutions for success. You will help build, configure, scale and maintain infrastructure for Production, Staging, Development, and QA environments, using Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible, Consul, Jenkins, and many more DevOps tools.
- Establish working relationships with all of our teams. You will collaborate with stakeholders in multiple departments to understand their needs and find solutions. You will develop and deliver the tooling required to enable them to move faster, and help deliver new features and products to our customers.
- Security mindset. Security is at the center of everything we do. The individual in this role should understand security best practices and always be on the lookout for ways to make our platform more hardened.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on our Platform Infrastructure. You will learn the infrastructure from top to bottom and be able to educate others, design efficiencies, solve problems, and build new features.
- Research new tools/technologies. You are knowledgeable in the industry and will propose the adoption of new technology that will create value for the team and company.
- Documentation. Establish documentation standards around infrastructure and processes in order to increase knowledge sharing between departments.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6+ years of experience in DevOps, automation, internal tools teams, software development, or equivalent educational training.
- Proficiency with Kubernetes, Docker, and containerized environments. You can expect to work with Docker and/or other containerization tools to keep the architecture as portable as possible.
- Proficiency in CI/CD practices. You have worked with Gitlab CI (or equivalent), maven, kaniko, JFrog tools and other build and integration tools.
- Proficiency in modern DevOps practices and tools. You have worked with provisioning tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent configuration management tools. You are familiar with Infrastructure as Code and have provisioned infrastructure in the cloud.
- Proficiency with Cloud hosting environments. You understand Google Cloud Platform (preferred) or AWS and the complications of running applications at scale in the cloud. Hand-on with Google Kubernetes Engine & containerized environments is appreciated.
- Proficiency in the Open Source Ecosystem. You can expect to work with and understand the requirements of Consul, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, NodeJS, Nginx, HAProxy, and many more.
- Proficiency in Scripting and Programming languages. You have worked with python, ruby, or Bash. You are familiar with the tools and frameworks around these languages.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related experience.
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter and proactive problem solver with a can do attitude that wants to learn and grow.
Why True Fit?
One size does not fit all in what you wear or your True Fit career. Everyone at True Fit has the opportunity to push their professional boundaries, while balancing personal ambitions.
We believe that how we dress is an expression of who we are and the confidence we feel. As an EEO employer, we work to help all team members experience an inclusive, diverse and accepting work environment, so you can be True To You.
True Fit was also just recently acknowledged by Built in Boston who announced that True Fit earned spots on two lists for best places to work 2022!
Built In determines the winners of Best Places to Work based on an algorithm, using company data about compensation, benefits and companywide programming. To reflect the benefits candidates are searching for more frequently on Built In, the program also weighs criteria like remote and flexible work opportunities, programs for DEI and other people-first cultural offerings.