Senior/Principal Machine Learning Scientist (Fully Remote in India)
Who We Are
True Fit is the industry's leading consumer experience platform leveraged by apparel and footwear retailers to decode fit and size and connect shoppers with only what they love. It has organized and connected the broadest footwear, apparel and consumer data in the world to provide best in class fit recommendations covering the industry’s brands and styles. The platform unites social, general and personalized fit guidance into one cohesive experience, driving shopper confidence and loyalty.
Through serving shoppers across its network of retailers’ websites, True Fit delivers rich datasets back to retailers to inform their strategies and initiatives - from marketing and merchandising to sourcing and product development. These data sets serve a tremendous need in today’s shifting market - who is this new shopper and how can they be met with relevance?
True Fit is led by an experienced team of executives and leaders from fashion, retail, big data and ecommerce, and is backed by top investors.
True Fit is looking for a Senior/Principal Machine Learning Scientist to work with our team in India. True Fit is 100% remote, so you can work from almost anywhere!
True Fit (India) is presently seeking passionate and innovative individuals to join our data science team to design and build the next generation Size and Fit Recommendation engine. This role is right for you if you’re excited to make machine learning/artificial intelligence work in a production environment, you like collaborating with a team, and you have an interest in helping shoppers find clothes and shoes that fit them great, thereby reducing online returns. We apply machine learning to text, images, sales and returns, customer profile data, and more. We use BigQuery, Python, Vertex AI, and Google Cloud. It’s great if you’re already familiar with these technologies, but if not, we appreciate enthusiasm to learn.
- Prototype and build machine learning models and pipelines to connect shoppers with clothes that fit them great
- Provide project leadership - break down problems into subproblems and components; design a machine learning system that solves a business problem
- Frame problem, challenges, approach, and analysis for presentation to a wider group
- Participate in and provide constructive feedback in design reviews, code reviews and data science presentations/documents
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to deploy machine learning models to production. Optimize models to meet success metrics such as click through rate, conversion rate, etc. as well as machine learning metrics like accuracy
- Support machine learning in production, including troubleshooting issues when required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) + at least 5 years of work experience with data/machine learning
- Experience working with real data, ability to apply statistical and analysis techniques to clean, understand, and learn from imperfect data
- Experience developing and identifying important features
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following:
- Scripting/coding (preference for Python, that’s what we use)
- Data analysis using a tool such as Pandas, R, etc.
- SQL and/or NoSQL databases (must understand tabular data concepts and how to construct queries)
- ML Frameworks and libraries such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, scikit-learn, AutoML, Huggingface, etc.
- Nice to have skills (but not required):
- Specific knowledge in one of the following: probability theory, statistics, numerical analysis, optimization
- Experience working with text or image data
- Data visualization
- Interest in size and fit/fashion
Why True Fit?
One size does not fit all in what you wear or your True Fit career. Everyone at True Fit has the opportunity to push their professional boundaries, while balancing personal ambitions.
We believe that how we dress is an expression of who we are and the confidence we feel. As an EEO employer, we work to help all team members experience an inclusive, diverse and accepting work environment, so you can be True To You.
True Fit is committed to designing benefits packages that are competitive, practical and encourage a healthy work-life balance. Our total benefits support employees’ current true selves, inspire future goals and support their journey upward. At True Fit you’ll enjoy all the usual health and wellness benefits you’d expect, including access to an Employee Assistance Program, a Day Off For Your Birthday and a paid four-week Sabbatical leave every five years of service (plus a monetary bonus to help fund your adventure)!
Do you not meet every requirement? At True Fit, diversity amongst our leadership and individual contributor roles is regarded as a Key Performance Indicator and ingredient to our success. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) principles are at the heart of daily decision-making processes for recruiting and promotions. If you’re excited about the role but your past experience doesn’t align “perfectly” with the job description details, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles - another way that you can be your TRUE you!